About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Accurately invoicing customers for goods and services provided by the Hotel
- Carrying out credit checks on charge back account applications and maintaining an up-to-date billing system
- Ensuring payments are collected in a timely basis and reconciled to bank
- Notifying billing or rate discrepancies
- Handling enquiries regarding charges on settled and unpaid accounts
- Preparing and posting AR journals for revenues adjustment
- Reconciliation of accounts and preparation of monthly statements.
- Assisting with Accounts Payable processing and reporting
- Assisting Hotel Accountants and Finance team with other duties as required
The successful applicant will have experience in accounts and demonstrated experience in carrying out finance clerk related functions including AR and AP including maintaining and transacting in ledgers of a large organisation. In addition, you will have a sound working knowledge of GST and experience in allocation of revenue and matching financial transactions to bank statements.
The role is primarily based at the Stamford Grand, Glenelg, however may be required to work at the Stamford Plaza on occasions. This position will require the successful candidate to be well organised, fast and efficient, with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to work within a busy team environment. The successful candidate will possess excellent time management skills, an immaculate attention to detail and the ability to work in a small team environment.
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- Diverse work activities across two large hotels;
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting hotel environment;
- An attractive food and beverage discount program.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.