About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
Stamford Hotels and Resorts Adelaide is seeking a Reservations Agent on a Full Time basis. In this role you will serve as the first line of inquiry for room reservations within the hotel. A Reservation Agent is responsible for offering exceptional customer service, options, and other solutions to meet customer needs.
- Enter and maintain hotel reservations for both the Stamford Plaza Adelaide and Stamford Grand Adelaide, using up-selling techniques at all times
- Assist in all rooms inquiries, reservations, confirmations, cancellations and operating yield management to ensure highest rates and occupancy are achieved
- Assist in maximizing room revenue, average room rate and occupancy percentage through efficient yield management
- Respond, positively, to sales inquiries to develop future sales leads
- Proactively convert inquiries into contracted business
- Meet or exceed required individual, team or organisational qualitative and quantitative performance standards
- Be fully conversant with all the Hotel’s facilities and services, including hotel packages and specials
- Liaise with Group Reservations, Conference Reservations, Sales and the Front Office to ensure all staff are informed and able to provide exceptional service
- Build rapport with both new guests and regular guests by maximising the use of guest history.
To be successful in this position you must have superior selling skills, an exceptional telephone technique with exceptional communication skills. You will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a reservations / front office or a relevant sales role environment. Knowledge in using OPERA is also advantageous.
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting Hotel environment;
- An attractive food and beverage discount program
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No recruitment agencies please.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.