Conference & Events Executive
- Beautiful location on the Brisbane River
- Excellent team environment and career opportunities
- Competitive Salary Package & Employee Benefits
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel and the flagship for Stamford Hotels & Resorts. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252-guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Conference & Events Executive to join our professional Conference & Events team. As the Conference & Events Executive you will be responsible for the efficient organisation and coordination of all administrative aspects of the C&E department and providing management support to the C&E Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance of current accounts and growth of new business opportunity
- Communicate with guests at every opportunity and ensure the overall profitability and successful execution of relative client events
- Check account after event ends and follow up with client feedback. /satisfaction and prepare timely reports on all aspects of its execution if required.
- Ensure that trends, developments, competitor activity and any other relevant information that may impact on the hotel and Group are reported on a weekly basis.
- Maintain an efficient administrative environment, have the ability to perform at high standards and achieve objectives despite the circumstances
- Prepare and sign client correspondence such as proposals, contracts, and general correspondence.
- Participate in client entertaining, functions, familiarisations, Sites and Industry Network Events.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Conference and Event Coordinator in a 4 or 5 Star Hotel
- Thorough knowledge of the Hospitality Industry and the local market
- Must be proficient in MS Word & MS Excel
- Knowledge of Delphi systems is an advantage
- A warm, friendly, professional manner and a passionate attitude
- Strong attention to detail
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great career opportunities and development
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
- Subsidised Staff meals
- Dry Cleaning
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete our application.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply or have Visa Rights to work in Australia.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.