Hotel General Manager
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
Hotel General Manager for Stamford Plaza Auckland
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is looking for a highly dynamic, street-smart and savvy hotelier to join us as a Hotel General Manager. We welcome experienced Hotel General Managers or Assistant General Managers who are ready to take the next step in their career to apply.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and manage all aspects of hotel operations
- Full financial accountability for the hotel’s performance; drive business and utilise all areas of the hotel to generate revenue across the Rooms and F&B departments
- Plan, schedule and oversee all renovation / refurbishment / enhancement projects and ensure updates are provided promptly to key stakeholders
- Drive high levels of guest satisfaction through the consistent execution of service standards and initiatives, visible operational leadership and high interaction with guests
- Constantly engage with staff to seek feedback and create a highly engaged workforce
To succeed in this role, you must run the hotel as if it is your own, because you adopt a hands-on management style and are detail oriented. You are relentless in seeking revenue opportunities and maximising yield for the hotel, both in Rooms and F&B. You are also highly numerate.
Effectively connecting with business clients and partners, guests, management team and staff members at all levels is an innate ability you possess. You constantly strive to create memorable experiences for your guests, support a positive work environment, challenge the status quo and inspire your staff to do the same.
You are willing to be relocated as and where the business requires your expertise and contribution.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.