- Challenging and rewarding career in the hospitality industry
- Luxury 5 star Hotel in Brisbane’s CBD
- Excellent Salary Package & Employee Benefits
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 star luxury Hotel. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252 guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an Assistant Manager to join our amazing team in the Front Office Department. Reporting to the Front Office Manager you will be one of three Assistant Managers who will support the Front Desk, Concierge and the Communication Teams in their daily operations. As the 'Manager on Duty' you will be expected to lead and demonstrate the highest standards of service when engaging with guests from arrival to departure, and responding to all requests, inquiries and complaints during their stay.
As we are a prestigious property we attract many high profile guests from politicians through to musicians and bands. Your ability to be able to deal with various types of guests in a confidential manner and being able to recognise their differing needs will stand you in good position for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide welcoming, professional and courteous service to all guests from arrival to departure
- Handle guest requests, inquiries and complaints appropriately and with professionalism
- Ensure the Front Office maintains a professional manner and are up to date with VIP guest movements, hotel events, local attractions and activities
- Assisting in the coordination of Hotel activities, training and developing of team members
- Represent the FOM in their absence
- Maintain punctuality, efficiency and courteousness at all times
- Promote the Company’s philosophies, Credos and Core Values
- You will be rostered over a 7-day cycle, either on a morning or late shift, though some night shifts may be required to cover leave of the night team.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years Front Office experience in a 5 star hotel with 1 year at supervisory level
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Front Office Department including Night Audit Procedures
- Thorough understanding of hotel operations
- Proficient with Opera, Excel and Word
- Accuracy in all paperwork is essential so a mixture of computer literacy and interpersonal skills are required.
- A confident mature disposition, calm and even temperament and decisive problem solving are all traits we are looking for in the successful candidate.
- A passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with guests, management and team members
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the strength and unity of our members within the company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great Career Opportunities
- Exciting 5 Star Hotel Environment
- The opportunity to work with Industry Professionals
- Free staff meals
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels