Conference & Events Manager
Sir Stamford at Circular Quay is a 5-star 105 room boutique hotel, located at the historical end of the CBD and has 7 diverse function spaces and meeting rooms that can hold up to 200 people.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, bubbly, highly motivated, passionate, results orientated and experienced Conference and Events Manager to join our fast-paced team. In this role, you will be responsible for the sales and daily operations of the Conference & Events Department.
You will drive conference and banquet revenue and implement up to date selling strategies to maximize lead conversion into sales. This is a hands-on role which requires strong management, administration, relationship building, selling, organisation and people development skills.
Key responsibilities and tasks consist of, but are not limited to:
- Lead a highly productive coordinator
- Manage the sales side of conference and events, and work alongside with the Food & Beverage team from an operations perspective
- Proactively follow up quotes and enquires to develop business
- Manage the whole process of quotations, bookings and the coordination of events
- Be responsible for conceptualising and create Social Events, e.g. Festive lunches, themed dining events/High Tea
- Attend trade functions and promotions as directed for networking opportunities
- Keep up to date with the competitive marketplace in order to implement strategies to ensure the hotel stays ahead of the local market
- Build strong relationships with customers and address customer feedback in a timely manner
- Provide regular reports on revenues against budget, and to provide accurate forecasting
The successful candidate must be:
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a similar role as a Conference and Events Manager
- Proven record of event sales in the Industry
- Exceptional attention to detail and clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- High standards of personal presentation and grooming
- A sound knowledge of the Hospitality Industry
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Suitable for a hands on and vibrant Sales Executive who is ready to take the next step
- Must be proficient in MS Office programs
- Knowledge of Delphi systems is an advantage
- Great employee discount on food & beverage on all Stamford and Hotels & Resorts
- Dry cleaning for Business attire
- Free duty meals
- Learning and development opportunities
How to Apply
Please click the apply button to submit your application with your resume and cover letter.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer